In 1988 Dr. Capper graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from Iowa Wesleyan College. He entered the University of Iowa College of Medicine and received his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1992. From 1992 to 1993 he completed a Preliminary Surgical Residency from the Medical College of Wisconsin and started his Otolaryngology Residency, which he completed in 1997 at the same college.
In August of 1998, Dr. Capper joined ENT Medical Services Medical Services and is certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology.
Dr. Capper is proud to be a member of the following Associations:
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- American Association of Physicians and Surgeons
- American Sleep Disorders Association
- Johnson County Medical Society
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- American Rhino logic Society
- Pan-Pacific Surgical Association
- Iowa Medical Society
- Iowa Academy of Otolaryngology
- American Trinities Society